Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ted_Talks

Ted Talks are about one of my favorite things on the planet. 
My friend Kate from study abroad introduced me to 'Ted' during our trip to London last fall.  
We were staying with her family friends in 'Little Venice' and I asked about their professions.  She simply said well, he has a Ted Talk.  


That man made me tea. 
And his wife is just as magical and brilliant. 

So there ya go. BUT this is about the most recent Ted Talks I've been watching.  
One of my 101 things in 1,001 days list is to watch 10 Ted Talks.  I figured out the easiest ways to do that.  I've been listening to Ted, my new free app on from my phone, on long drives.  It's like book on tape, but BETTER. 

Yesterday on my drive home for Fall Break I listened to about 4 Ted Talks. I'll share two.

Janette Sadik-Khan on the streets of New York and how her role as Transportation commissioner has changed traffic and mobility.


After interning with ICMA over the last 4 months, I was so fascinated by this!  My love for city management and city planning have grown exponentially as well as my fascination with NYC. ;) 
More to come later.

The next is Michael Sandel.  "Why We Shouldn't Trust Markets With Our Civic Life"



Do you feel like we put a price on things that shouldn't be valued monetarily?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one!


What are some of your favorite TED Talks?
I'd love for your to share :)

facebook // twitter // pinterest // instagram // bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment