Friday, December 27, 2013

The Netflix of Books

Have you heard of Oyster
It ROCKS.



They call it the Netflix of books.  
Your first month is free and you have access to a library of over 10,000 books to add to your reading list at no extra charge.  After your first free month it costs $9.95 per month.  I probably won't start paying for it until I graduate and have time to read for fun, but while I'm in Mexico for 10 days, this will be the perfect way to read.  The app is available for iPhone + iPad & after tweeting at Oyster, I found out that development of an Android app is in the works.  I have a Google Nexus so I'll be poolside with my phone most of trip but I don't mind. 

I'm also excited to use my Audible app.  
I love listening to books on tape.  So far I've listened to Arcadia by Tom Stoppard (my favorite play) and Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg.  Each month that you pay a small fee to belong you receive 1 credit.  Most books are one credit so I haven't had to buy a book yet which is awesome!  

I'm so excited to unplug from my thesis for a few days and read for pleasure.
What's your favorite device to read on?  What's your favorite app to learn?  What books are on your list for the new year? Leave a comment below + start the conversation!

 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. I had never heard of this, but wow! How awesome is that?! It's like a bookworm's dream ;) Thanks for sharing this, definitely signing up soon!

    ReplyDelete