Monday, May 26, 2014

New York City



Man, oh man did I love NYC!  I had never really been to New York.. except for that one time when I was 8 and I had a fever so it wasn't exactly the most pleasant experience.   But when my friend Marie said she had a job interview and asked if I wanted to join her for 2 days in the city, I was all about it.  It's been so long since I've experienced somewhere new and I've been itching for the chance.  I had a lot of NYC related 'To Do's" on my 101 things in 1,001 days list, so I went for it!    

We started off our first day with the HighLine, everyone's go-to suggestion for NYC these days!  Countless texts all included "YOU HAVE TO DO THE HIGHLINE!" and I'm glad we did!  It was gorgeous and a very easy transition into the city.  The first of many #selfies were taken there. 

Tried on $850 shoes at Saks, because why not? #loveyaCoCo

Found a little piece of Scandinavia at The Copenhagen restaurant in Tribeca. 

Took the LIRR & experienced Long Island for the very first time. It was oh, so cute! 

We spent the night in Port Washington with Marie's grandma & celebrated our graduations over margs & quac, which I am attractively eating below. Never have I felt more comfortable with a long and happy day of walking, gawking, and learning.  Carrying my backpack with all my possessions all over Manhattan definitely left me pleased with sitting down & a cold drink.  

 Day 2 wasn't terribly long since we were catching the Bolt Bus back to Baltimore at 5 pm.  We spent most of the day exploring Central park.  I had never seen the fountain or the boat house before so that was a real treat!  Marie led us on a little hike, which wasn't the most ideal for me seeing as I was wearing a skirt, but I managed to climb the rocks like a champ. 

We wound our way through Manhattan back to the bus pick up, but were sure to stop in a few stores along the way.  I was enamored by the 4 story Forever 21, the 4 story Old Navy, and the gorgeous Anthropologie.  We made friends in the Longchamp store as well as Kate Spade where I was complimented on my new shoes that I had just picked up from Nordstrom Rack :)!  We also stumbled upon the C. Wonder store which was more magical than I could have imagined.  

We cannot forget to mention that my first NYC hotdog was had! It was very scrumptious and reminded me of the street hotdogs in Copenhagen.  

 We eventually had to hop on the bus & spent the four hour trip home chatting about life & our favorite parts of the last two days!  I can confidently say that while I loved NYC, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed after two full days.  I know it has so much more to offer and I can't wait to do a bit more exploring in July when I visit the city again for the Smart Girls Group Summit.  :) 

Miss Marie & Hil signing out! 

 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment