Monday, June 17, 2013

Why?


As my blog has started to get more exposure and I think about its development, I've spent a few moments pondering its name. 

My previous blog, The Anchor Drops, came from my absolute adoration of all things nautical, anchors, my high school mascot (the sailors), and also from the idea that "home is wherever you drop your anchor."
It started on Blogspot one summer and then I transferred all of my posts to a WordPress account.  I blogged maybe once a month for the past couple years until I went abroad where I documented most of my travels and commented on Danish culture and life while I lived in Denmark.  The more research I've done, the more blogs I've read, and the more skimming I've endured, I wanted to learn web design.  

So, I bought a book, HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites.
And here we are on Purple Flowers.  I'm not very good, and I'm still learning, mostly from other blogs who have their own tutorials, but it's a start.

Back to flowery things... (lol).

It's amazing how my goals and dreams have changed.  
I think it's so important to reevaluate yourself, and do it often.  To understand how we change and grow is the key to success, happiness, and personal understanding.  

But the one thing I've always loved, regardless of my travels, my age, and my ever changing taste
are purple flowers.  
They make me smile when I see them whatever mood I'm in.
I also do the same thing whenever I see babies or puppies, but seeing as I have neither, the title of a blog might be odd.



So, my hope for Purple Flowers is to develop into a website where I can discuss the experiences, events, and happenings that make me the happiest.  By reading along, I hope you can find your own 'purple flowers,' those things in life that put a smile on your face every single day.  

 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment