Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Off Day

Do you ever find yourself in a funk? 
You're just off and you're not really sure why?  

Well that's me this week.  There is no pressing issue in my life, I'm healthy and happy but I'm just off.  My usual spunk for the every day is not here and it makes it hard to focus at work or on anything at all.  But with situation comes opportunity, and that gave me the opportunity to figure out how to make me feel most like myself. 

I'm not sure if this will be my future go to, but for this week, it's working.

Something Habitual : I always feel a sense of accomplishment after a run, no matter how long.  I've always been an athlete, but not on land.  Throw me in the pool, no problem; land sports are tricky.  I recently found a passion for running this year.  It's a great twenty-something fad and I'm digging it.  Nike+ is also awesome and it always makes me want to keep running.  

Something Nostalgic: One of my absolute favorite movies is the Sound of Music.  I found the movie soundtrack on Spotify yesterday and I've been grinning in my cubicle all day.  I feel like performing the "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" combo in my office..however that would not be appropriate.  You know, the thunderstorm gazebo number with Ralf!?   Tell me you didn't practice that in your family room?  Oh, just me? Alright. 

Something Inspirational:  Nothing like some happy words about the human experience to bring you back to what really matters.
You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living breathing screaming invitation to believe better things.

Something New: I saw my girl Emeli Sande a month ago at the Pride festival in DC and she just dropped a new song.  It's GOOD. 

Something Real:  TED Talks rock...but really.  I love watching them and feeling inspired or just learning and thinking.  Today I watched one of my favorite authors, Elizabeth Gilbert (author of Eat, Pray, Love) talk about the creative process.  If you enjoy anything creative, you'll love it.  If not, just listen, her language is incredible and inspiring.  

& finally, flowers.  By the end of the week, I plan on buying myself flowers..because, why not?



There's my cure all for this weird week.  
Do you have a ritual or a go-to when things are off?
PS. It's almost Friday!

 photo signature_zps19a8b805.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Love this post, everyone has their 'off' days! I always find taking a day out to spoil myself does the trick, whether that's a luxurious bath or a shopping trip!

    Holly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Holly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target is the best cure for a bad day!

    ReplyDelete